Spinach and Feta Stuffed Chicken
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 8 ounces fresh spinach (about 10 cups)
- 1-1/2 teaspoons cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1/2 teaspoon chicken seasoning
- 3 tablespoons crumbled feta cheese
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 3/4 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon butter
- Preheat oven to 375°. In a large skillet, cook and stir spinach over medium-high heat until wilted. Stir in vinegar, sugar and pepper; cool slightly.
- Pound chicken thighs with a meat mallet to flatten slightly; sprinkle with chicken seasoning. Top chicken with spinach mixture and cheese. Roll up chicken from a long side; tie securely with kitchen string.
- In an ovenproof skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat; add chicken and brown on all sides. Transfer to oven; roast until a thermometer inserted in chicken reads 170°, 13-15 minutes.
- Remove chicken from pan; keep warm. On stovetop, add broth and butter to skillet; bring to a boil, stirring to loosen browned bits from pan. Cook until slightly thickened, 3-5 minutes. Serve with chicken.
Editor's NoteThis recipe was tested with McCormick’s Montreal Chicken Seasoning. Look for it in the spice aisle.
Nutrition Facts1 chicken roll-up with 2 tablespoons sauce: 253 calories, 14g fat (5g saturated fat), 86mg cholesterol, 601mg sodium, 5g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 2g fiber), 26g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 vegetable, 1-1/2 fat.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Feb 26, 2019
This was delicious! I was afraid it might be a little bland, but it wasn’t at all. I doubled the recipe and made half with breasts and half with thighs. Both were yummy. I didn’t have any kitchen string so i used toothpicks to hold the rolls together. They weren’t particularly pretty, but it worked.