Spinach and Feta Stuffed Chicken
My chicken bundles are simple, clean and comforting. Serve them with wild rice and green beans for one of our favorite meals. —Jim Knepper, Mount Holly Springs, Pennsylvania
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 8 ounces fresh spinach (about 10 cups)
- 1-1/2 teaspoons cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1/2 teaspoon chicken seasoning
- 3 tablespoons crumbled feta cheese
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 3/4 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon butter
- Preheat oven to 375°. In a large skillet, cook and stir spinach over medium-high heat until wilted. Stir in vinegar, sugar and pepper; cool slightly.
- Pound chicken thighs with a meat mallet to flatten slightly; sprinkle with chicken seasoning. Top chicken with spinach mixture and cheese. Roll up chicken from a long side; tie securely with kitchen string.
- In an ovenproof skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat; add chicken and brown on all sides. Transfer to oven; roast until a thermometer inserted in chicken reads 170°, 13-15 minutes.
- Remove chicken from pan; keep warm. On stovetop, add broth and butter to skillet; bring to a boil, stirring to loosen browned bits from pan. Cook until slightly thickened, 3-5 minutes. Serve with chicken.
Editor's NoteThis recipe was tested with McCormick’s Montreal Chicken Seasoning. Look for it in the spice aisle.
Nutrition Facts1 chicken roll-up with 2 tablespoons sauce: 253 calories, 14g fat (5g saturated fat), 86mg cholesterol, 601mg sodium, 5g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 2g fiber), 26g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 vegetable, 1-1/2 fat.
Originally published as Spinach and Feta Stuffed Chicken in Simple & Delicious October/November 2016
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.