Stuffed Grilled Chicken
“As a single working mom with two kids, I look for recipes that are fast and simple,“ writes Candi VanMeveren from Lamberton, Minnesota. “My family loves this one and it gets me out of the kitchen fast.“ TIP: This recipe is just as delicious broiled, Candi adds. Place chicken on foil-lined pan (for easy cleanup) about 4 inches from heat for 12 minutes on each side.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 5 tablespoons butter, divided
- 3/4 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- In a small skillet, saute onion and garlic in 3 tablespoons butter for 2-3 minutes or until tender. Remove from the heat; stir in bread crumbs. Carefully cut a pocket in each chicken breast half. Fill with bread crumb mixture; secure with metal or soaked wooden skewers.
- In a small microwave-safe bowl, melt remaining butter; stir in lemon peel. Grill chicken, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 6-8 minutes on each side or until juices run clear, basting frequently with lemon butter.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 275 calories, 11g fat (6g saturated fat), 88mg cholesterol, 465mg sodium, 17g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 27g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3-1/2 lean meat, 1 starch.
Originally published as Herb-Stuffed Grilled Chicken in Simple & Delicious May/June 2006
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.