- 4 medium zucchini
- 5 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped red onion
- 1/4 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh mint
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- Cut zucchini in half lengthwise; scoop out flesh, leaving 1/4-in. shells. Brush with 2 teaspoons oil; set aside. Chop zucchini flesh.
- In a large skillet, saute flesh and onion in remaining oil. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Add bread crumbs; cook and stir until golden brown, about 2 minutes.
- Remove from the heat. Stir in the mozzarella cheese, mint and salt. Spoon into zucchini shells. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Grill, covered, over medium heat until zucchini is tender, 8-10 minutes.
2 stuffed zucchini halves: 186 calories, 10g fat (3g saturated fat), 11mg cholesterol, 553mg sodium, 17g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 3g fiber), 9g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 lean meat, 1 vegetable, 1 fat, 1/2 starch.