Grilled Zucchini with Onions
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 6 small zucchini, halved lengthwise
- 4 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- Drizzle zucchini with 2 teaspoons oil. Grill, covered, over medium heat for 8-10 minutes or until tender, turning once.
- Place in a large bowl. Add the green onions, lemon juice, salt, pepper flakes and remaining oil; toss to coat.
Nutrition Facts3 zucchini halves: 73 calories, 5g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 314mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fiber), 2g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1 fat.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jul 6, 2016
This was easy, tasty, and healthy. The red pepper flakes give it a mild kick. Will make again.
May 26, 2013
I used Italian dressing instead of olive oil, but did everything else the same. Tasted great! Will make again.
Aug 12, 2012
This was delicious and so easy to make. I halved the recipe for just 2 servings and it was a great blend of smoky flavor from the grill, tart from the lemon, a hint of heat from the red pepper flake and the creaminess of the zucchini itself. A definite keeper.