Total TimePrep: 5 min. + standing Grill: 10 min.
- 6 cups fresh broccoli spears
- 2 tablespoons plus 1-1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Shaved Parmesan cheese and purple basil leaves, optional
- Place broccoli in a large bowl. Combine the lemon juice, oil, salt and pepper; drizzle over broccoli and toss to coat. Let stand for 30 minutes.
- Toss broccoli, then drain marinade. Place cheese in a large resealable plastic bag. Add broccoli, a few pieces at a time, shake to coat.
- Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack. Prepare grill for indirect heat using a drip pan. Place broccoli over drip pan and grill, covered, over indirect medium heat for 8-10 minutes on each side or until crisp-tender. If desired, garnish with shaved Parmesan and fresh basil.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 107 calories, 8g fat (3g saturated fat), 8mg cholesterol, 304mg sodium, 5g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 2g fiber), 6g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 fat, 1 vegetable.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Feb 7, 2018
Good broccoli recipe. Original recipe called for garnish of shaved Parmesan and purple basil.
Aug 13, 2016
very tasty, used grill pan for it also. will make again!
Apr 20, 2015
Very nice flavor. I steamed my broccoli instead of grilling it and then added the lemon juice and oil to it. Turned out very tasty.
Nov 2, 2014
Pretty tasty! Would probably grill a little longer next time.
Aug 25, 2014
Definitely a different take on broccoli. No marinade left over for me either. This was a nice change for a side dish.
Jun 20, 2010
I agree with DebbiR, I didn't have any marinade to empty. It did come out OK, though it was sticking on my grilling pan (I used an old baking tray). I would make it again, but I would use more oil and a little more lemon juice.
Jun 13, 2010
I followed the recipe, but I added about a 1/4 to a 1/2 teaspoon of garlic power
Jun 24, 2009
i am just making this but don't understand how i could have enough marinade even to "drain". i had to double it just to coat the 2 cups of broccoli!
Mar 31, 2009
I bought a teflon pan with small holes in it for my grill, this works well with this broccoli dish/great for fish/shrimp/stir fry on the grill.