Grilled Veggie Pizza
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Bake: 10 min.
- 8 small fresh mushrooms, halved
- 1 small zucchini, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 small sweet yellow pepper, sliced
- 1 small sweet red pepper, sliced
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon water
- 4 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh basil or 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 prebaked 12-inch thin whole wheat pizza crust
- 1 can (8 ounces) pizza sauce
- 2 small tomatoes, chopped
- 2 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- In a large bowl, combine the mushrooms, zucchini, peppers, onion, vinegar, water, 3 teaspoons oil and seasonings. Transfer to a grill wok or basket. Grill, covered, over medium heat for 8-10 minutes or until tender, stirring once.
- Prepare grill for indirect heat. Brush crust with remaining oil; spread with pizza sauce. Top with grilled vegetables, tomatoes and cheese. Grill, covered, over indirect medium heat for 10-12 minutes or until edges are lightly browned and cheese is melted. Rotate pizza halfway through cooking to ensure evenly browned crust.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 274 calories, 11g fat (5g saturated fat), 22mg cholesterol, 634mg sodium, 30g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 5g fiber), 17g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 2 medium-fat meat, 1 vegetable.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jun 1, 2016
Delicious recipe. I didn't have any white wine vinegar on hand so used balsamic. Also used less cheese since I thought Iit called for too much. Even with the changes it was still delicious. My family devoured it.
Apr 7, 2013
This was very very good. I actually used a locally made cheese that is sort of a taste between mozzarella and provolone. Next time I make it I would probably either season the veggies a little more or maybe use a red wine or balsamic vinegar.
Sep 30, 2010
I forgot to say...I made my own pizza dough, so that might have made a difference in the time the veggies needed.
Sep 30, 2010
My family wasn't too excited when they heard "no meat," but every single one of them ended up loving it!The only thing I did differently (because I didn't have a grill wok or basket) was, after combining the first veggies/seasonings/liquids, I took out the zucchini and grilled them directly on the grill bars for 6-8 minutes. The rest of the veggies were soft enough to be perfectly done when the pizza was done.
Aug 30, 2010
THis is absolutely D-LISH. Even my husband, "the meat eater", loved this pizza.