Grilled Tomato Pizzas
Total TimePrep: 30 min. + rising Grill: 5 min./batch
- 1 package (1/4 ounce) active dry yeast
- 1 cup warm water (110° to 115°)
- 6 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 to 3 cups all-purpose flour
- Cooking spray
- 6 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup fresh basil, torn
- 1/2 cup balsamic glaze
- Shaved Parmesan cheese, optional
- Dissolve yeast in warm water. Combine 2 tablespoons oil, honey, salt, yeast mixture and 1-1/2 cups flour; beat on medium speed until smooth. Stir in enough remaining flour to form a soft dough (dough will be sticky).
- Turn dough onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, 6-8 minutes. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease the top. Cover; let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour.
- Punch down dough; divide into six portions. On a lightly floured surface, roll each portion into an 8x6-in. rectangle. Place each on a greased piece of foil. Spritz with cooking spray; cover with plastic wrap. Let rest 10 minutes; remove plastic.
- In batches, carefully invert crusts onto greased grill rack; peel off foil. Grill, covered, over medium heat until bottom is golden brown, 2-3 minutes. Turn; grill until bottom begins to brown, 1-2 minutes.
- Remove from grill. Brush tops with remaining oil; top with tomatoes. Grill, covered, until bottom is golden brown and tomatoes are heated through, 1-2 minutes. To serve, add basil, drizzle with glaze and, if desired, top with cheese.
Nutrition Facts1 pizza: 363 calories, 15g fat (2g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 115mg sodium, 53g carbohydrate (15g sugars, 3g fiber), 6g protein.
Jun 9, 2016
Yum! We needed a quick supper so I used some naan bread with the toppings listed. I had some of my homemade glaze and some multi-color cherry tomatoes. I quickly grilled the naan to get grill marks and some char. I put the tomato halves cut-side down to stabilize them. What doesn't go well with basil, tomatoes and good Parmesan?! Winner recipe and will make this again using Michele's healthier crust recipe.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.