Grilled Flatbread Veggie Pizza
We pile veggies onto flatbread for a fun way to eat healthier. Our go-to recipe for weeknights easily changes with different veggies or meats. —Darla Andrews, Lewisville, Texas
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 pound sliced baby portobello mushrooms
- 1 large green pepper, julienned
- 4 cups fresh baby spinach (about 4 ounces)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 naan flatbreads or 4 whole pita breads
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup prepared pesto
- 2 plum tomatoes, sliced
- 2 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- In a large skillet, heat butter over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms and green pepper; cook and stir 5-7 minutes or until tender. Add spinach, salt and pepper; cook and stir 2-3 minutes or until spinach is wilted.
- Brush both sides of flatbreads with oil. Grill flatbreads, covered, over medium heat 2-3 minutes on one side or until lightly browned.
- Remove from grill. Spread grilled sides with pesto; top with vegetable mixture, tomatoes and cheese. Return to grill; cook, covered, 2-3 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Cut pizzas in half before serving.
Nutrition Facts1/2 pizza: 426 calories, 28g fat (11g saturated fat), 47mg cholesterol, 1005mg sodium, 25g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 3g fiber), 20g protein.
Originally published as Fresh Veggie Flatbread Pizza in Simple & Delicious June/July 2015
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.