Grilled Garden Veggie Flatbreads
Grilled flatbread is a tasty way to put fresh garden vegetables to use. It's so versatile: Simply change up the vegetables and cheese to suit your family's taste. It also works well indoors, cooked on a grill pan with a lid. —Carly Curtin, Ellicott City, Maryland.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 2 whole grain naan flatbreads
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 medium yellow or red tomato, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced onion
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 2 tablespoons shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh basil
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse sea salt
- Grill flatbreads, covered, over indirect medium heat 2-3 minutes or until bottoms are lightly browned.
- Remove from grill. Brush grilled sides with oil; top with tomato and onion to within 1/2 in. of edges. In a small bowl, toss cheeses with basil and garlic powder; sprinkle over vegetables. Drizzle with vinegar; sprinkle with salt. Return to grill; cook, covered, 2-3 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Cut into wedges.