My family loves these tacos with Middle Eastern seasoning lots of vegetables. Ground turkey or beef may be substituted for the lamb. —Arlene Erlbach, Morton Grove, Illinois
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1-1/2 pounds ground lamb
- 1-1/2 cups chopped zucchini
- 1-1/4 cups medium salsa
- 2 cups julienned carrots, divided
- 1/2 cup dried apricots, coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons apricot preserves
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon Moroccan seasoning (ras el hanout)
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3 naan flatbreads
- 1/3 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh mint
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, cook lamb 8 minutes or until no longer pink, breaking up into crumbles; drain. Add zucchini, salsa, 1 cup carrots, apricots, preserves, lemon zest, Moroccan seasoning and garlic powder. Cook and stir until heated through and zucchini is crisp-tender, about 7 minutes.
- Spoon lamb mixture over naan. Top with remaining carrots, feta and mint. Cut into wedges.
Test Kitchen tips
Nutrition Facts1/2 flatbread: 423 calories, 19g fat (8g saturated fat), 81mg cholesterol, 677mg sodium, 39g carbohydrate (15g sugars, 3g fiber), 24g protein.
Originally published as Morocco Tacos in Simple & Delicious June/July 2018