Cheesy Summer Squash Flatbreads
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 3 small yellow summer squash, sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups fresh baby spinach, coarsely chopped
- 2 naan flatbreads
- 1/3 cup roasted red pepper hummus
- 1 carton (8 ounces) fresh mozzarella cheese pearls
- Preheat oven to 425°. Toss squash with oil and salt; spread evenly in a 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Roast until tender, 8-10 minutes. Transfer to a bowl; stir in spinach.
- Place naan on a baking sheet; spread with hummus. Top with squash mixture and cheese. Bake on a lower oven rack just until cheese is melted, 4-6 minutes. Sprinkle with pepper.
Nutrition Facts1/2 topped flatbread: 332 calories, 20g fat (9g saturated fat), 47mg cholesterol, 737mg sodium, 24g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 3g fiber), 15g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jul 24, 2016
This recipe is absolutely delicious. I loved that it was using naan bread. What a great alternative instead of pizza crust. My husband who isn't a big eater of good veggies, like the spinach loved this. A keeper for sure!