Summer Squash Bake
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 3 cups sliced yellow summer squash
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/2 cup finely chopped green pepper
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2/3 cup shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Place squash and water in a 1-1/2-qt. microwave-safe bowl. Cover and microwave on high for 2-3 minutes or until crisp-tender; drain well. Stir in the green pepper, onion, pecans, mayonnaise, 1/3 cup of cheese, sugar, salt and pepper.
- Transfer to a lightly greased shallow 1-1/2-qt. baking dish. Cover and bake at 350° for 25 minutes. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake, uncovered, 5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted.
Editor's NoteReduced-fat or fat-free mayonnaise is not recommended for this recipe.
This recipe was tested in a 1,100-watt microwave.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 269 calories, 26g fat (5g saturated fat), 20mg cholesterol, 374mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 3g fiber), 4g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Nov 23, 2015
OMG. This is the best summer squash recipe we've ever eaten. Next time I'll double the recipe!
Oct 28, 2015
EXCELLENT. Very rich in flavor and a very nice dish for guests or pot luck.
Aug 28, 2014
Really liked this recipe.
Aug 12, 2011
This is a summer favorite of mine. I've made it for years and it always gets rave reviews from guests.