Mediterranean Summer Squash
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small yellow summer squash, thinly sliced
- 1 small zucchini, thinly sliced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 plum tomato, seeded and chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a large skillet, saute onion in oil until tender. Add squash and zucchini; saute 6-8 minutes longer or until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in the remaining ingredients; heat through.
Nutrition Facts2/3 cup: 69 calories, 5g fat (1g saturated fat), 4mg cholesterol, 220mg sodium, 5g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 2g fiber), 3g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1 fat.
Mar 26, 2017
So tasty! I used the cherry tomatoes from my garden.
Oct 13, 2016
This was delicious. I could have eaten it all by myself. I didn't have a zucchini on hand so I used 2 yellow squash instead. It was so good! Thanks for sharing!
Apr 24, 2012
Amazing flavor. Super good with greek tuna steak.
Apr 7, 2009
Apr 30, 2008
T have squash planted in my small garden and I'll soon be trying this recipe. It sounds great and we love all kinds of squash.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.