Mediterranean Summer Squash
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small yellow summer squash, thinly sliced
- 1 small zucchini, thinly sliced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 plum tomato, seeded and chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a large skillet, saute onion in oil until tender. Add squash and zucchini; saute 6-8 minutes longer or until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in the remaining ingredients; heat through.
Nutrition Facts2/3 cup: 69 calories, 5g fat (1g saturated fat), 4mg cholesterol, 220mg sodium, 5g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 2g fiber), 3g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1 fat.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Mar 26, 2017
So tasty! I used the cherry tomatoes from my garden.
Oct 13, 2016
This was delicious. I could have eaten it all by myself. I didn't have a zucchini on hand so I used 2 yellow squash instead. It was so good! Thanks for sharing!
Apr 24, 2012
Amazing flavor. Super good with greek tuna steak.
Apr 7, 2009
Apr 30, 2008
T have squash planted in my small garden and I'll soon be trying this recipe. It sounds great and we love all kinds of squash.