Italian Spaghetti Squash
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Cook: 6-1/4 hours
- 1 medium spaghetti squash (3 pounds)
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Halve squash lengthwise; discard seeds. Fill with tomatoes and mushrooms; sprinkle with seasonings. Place in an oval 7-qt. slow cooker, tilting one slightly to fit.
- Cook, covered, on low until squash is tender, 6-8 hours. Sprinkle with cheese. Cook, covered, on low until cheese is melted, 10-15 minutes. To serve, cut each half into two portions.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 195 calories, 6g fat (3g saturated fat), 14mg cholesterol, 661mg sodium, 31g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 7g fiber), 9g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1 medium-fat meat.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Nov 20, 2017
This was delicious. I baked mine in the oven. I didn't have mushrooms so I substituted a can of green beans to use in the filling.
Apr 20, 2011
EASY and tastes great! I added some italian seasonings, just because i can't leave good enough alone - yummy!
Jan 18, 2011
It was very easy to put together I loved the taste