Greek Spaghetti Squash
Greek olives and feta cheese lend an ethnic flare to this colorful entree created by our Test Kitchen.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 medium spaghetti squash (2 pounds)
- 1 boneless skinless chicken breast half (6 ounces), cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup fresh baby spinach
- 1/2 cup marinated artichoke hearts, drained
- 1/3 cup chopped pitted Greek olives
- 2 tablespoons crumbled feta cheese
- Cut squash in half lengthwise; discard seeds. Place squash cut side down on a microwave-safe plate. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 15-18 minutes or until tender.
- Meanwhile, in a skillet, saute the chicken, onion, red pepper, garlic, oregano, basil, salt and pepper in oil until chicken is no longer pink. Stir in the spinach, artichokes and olives; cook until spinach is wilted.
- When squash is cool enough to handle, use a fork to separate strands. Serve chicken mixture over 2 cups of squash; sprinkle with feta cheese. (Save remaining squash for another use.)
Editor's NoteThis recipe was tested in a 1,100-watt microwave.
Nutrition Facts2 cups: 369 calories, 24g fat (5g saturated fat), 51mg cholesterol, 824mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 4g fiber), 21g protein.
Originally published as Spaghetti Squash in Cooking for 2 Fall 2006
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.