Greek Spaghetti Squash
Greek olives and feta cheese lend an ethnic flare to this colorful entree created by our Test Kitchen.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 medium spaghetti squash (2 pounds)
- 1 boneless skinless chicken breast half (6 ounces), cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup fresh baby spinach
- 1/2 cup marinated artichoke hearts, drained
- 1/3 cup chopped pitted Greek olives
- 2 tablespoons crumbled feta cheese
- Cut squash in half lengthwise; discard seeds. Place squash cut side down on a microwave-safe plate. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 15-18 minutes or until tender.
- Meanwhile, in a skillet, saute the chicken, onion, red pepper, garlic, oregano, basil, salt and pepper in oil until chicken is no longer pink. Stir in the spinach, artichokes and olives; cook until spinach is wilted.
- When squash is cool enough to handle, use a fork to separate strands. Serve chicken mixture over 2 cups of squash; sprinkle with feta cheese. (Save remaining squash for another use.)
Editor's NoteThis recipe was tested in a 1,100-watt microwave.
Nutrition Facts2 cups: 369 calories, 24g fat (5g saturated fat), 51mg cholesterol, 824mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 4g fiber), 21g protein.
Feb 17, 2019
We LOVE this flavorful, quick easy chicken dish! It works really well over multi-grain rice blends too.
Jun 24, 2015
very tasty my daughter's favorite way to eat spaghetti squash.
Dec 1, 2013
This was a very good blend of flavors. Also, easy to make!