Spaghetti Squash Primavera
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Cook: 20 min.
- 1 large spaghetti squash (3-1/2 pounds)
- 1/4 cup sliced carrot
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 1/4 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 cup thinly sliced yellow summer squash
- 1 cup thinly sliced zucchini
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) Italian stewed tomatoes
- 1/2 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon dried thyme
- 4 teaspoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- Cut spaghetti squash in half; discard seeds. Place cut side up on a microwave-safe plate. Microwave, covered, on high for 9 minutes or until tender.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute the carrot, onion, peppers in oil for 3 minutes. Add yellow squash and zucchini; saute 2-3 minutes longer or until squash is tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Reduce heat; add the tomatoes, corn, salt, oregano and thyme. Cook 5 minutes longer or until heated through, stirring occasionally.
- Separate spaghetti squash strands with a fork. Spoon vegetable mixture into squash; sprinkle with cheese and parsley.
Editor's NoteThis recipe was tested in a 1,100-watt microwave.
Aug 22, 2013
Family enjoyed it.
Feb 1, 2012
this is a family repeat recipe, have been making it for years from this magazine.
Nov 9, 2011
Loved it. Would make again, since it's always hard to get in 5 servings of veggies a day.
Jul 12, 2009
sevings for 4 but squash is cut in halfwhat are the nutritional values
Jan 12, 2008
This recipe was great. I had never had spaghetti squash before and now I totally love it. I ate half of it for a main course. It had a great flavor and the veggies were really crisp and flavorful. I will definately make this again.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.