Beef and Black Bean Spaghetti Squash
I've been working on developing healthier recipes that still taste fabulous—and keep me satisfied. This squash tossed with beef, beans and kale has so much flavor it's easy to forget it's good for you! —Charlotte Cravins, Opelousas, Louisiana
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 medium spaghetti squash
- 3/4 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 2 tablespoons yellow mustard
- 2 to 3 teaspoons Louisiana-style hot sauce
- 4 small garlic cloves, minced
- 1 can (15 ounces) no-salt-added black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 cups chopped fresh kale
- 1/4 cup plain Greek yogurt
- Trim ends of squash and halve lengthwise; discard seeds. Place squash, cut side down, on a trivet insert in a 6-qt. electric pressure cooker. Add 1 cup water to cooker. Lock lid; close pressure-release valve. Adjust to pressure-cook on high for 7 minutes. Quick-release pressure. Set squash aside.
- In a large skillet, crumble beef and cook with onion over medium heat until no longer pink, 4-6 minutes; drain. Add mustard, hot sauce and garlic; cook 1 minute more. Stir in black beans and kale; cook just until wilted, 2-3 minutes.
- Using a fork, separate strands of spaghetti squash; combine with meat mixture. Dollop servings with Greek yogurt.
Test Kitchen Tips