Spaghetti Squash Salad
Total TimePrep: 10 min. + chilling Bake: 30 min.
- 1 spaghetti squash (about 2-1/2 pounds)
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup diced celery
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Cut squash in half lengthwise; scoop out seeds. Place squash, cut side down, in a 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Fill pan with hot water to a depth of 1/2 in. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-40 minutes or until tender. When cool enough to handle, scoop out the squash, separating strands with a fork. Combine remaining ingredients in a bowl; add the squash and stir well. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Serve with a slotted spoon as a salad or as a relish with burgers and hot dogs. Store in the refrigerator.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 263 calories, 14g fat (2g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 179mg sodium, 35g carbohydrate (26g sugars, 2g fiber), 1g protein.
Jun 20, 2014
I tired this and it was quite good--Nice & refreshing. Even though I halved the sugar, it was still too sweet for my family. I will try it next time without the sugar and add a bit more vinegar,
Sep 2, 2013
I made my squash in the microwave instead. Then I scooped out the seeds and scraped the squash out. What a nice way to add something good for you into your diet instead of noodles. This recipe is so good.
Oct 4, 2009
We made this salad last year for a picnic. Everyone just loved it. It is also very good as a relish on sandwiches.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.