Garden Vegetable Primavera
Although I enjoy this dish throughout the year, it's even more special when I use my garden to supply the vegetables. A splash of white wine and a sprinkle of fresh basil really add flavor. I have also roasted the vegetables and mixed in chicken breasts with scrumptious results. —Carly Curtin, Ellicott City, Maryland
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 8 ounces uncooked fettuccine
- 2 medium zucchini, coarsely chopped
- 1 medium carrot, sliced
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup grape tomatoes
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/3 cup white wine
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup minced fresh basil
- Cook fettuccine according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute the zucchini, carrot, Italian seasoning and salt in oil until vegetables are crisp-tender. Add tomatoes and garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Add broth and wine, stirring to loosen browned bits from pan. Bring to a boil; cook until liquid is reduced by half.
- Drain fettuccine. Add the fettuccine, cheese and basil to the skillet and toss to coat.
Nutrition Facts1-1/2 cups: 320 calories, 8g fat (3g saturated fat), 9mg cholesterol, 416mg sodium, 48g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 4g fiber), 14g protein.
Originally published as "Garden Fresh" Vegetable Primavera in Simple & Delicious August/September 2012
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.