When friends and family rave about this skillet supper, I'm almost embarrassed to tell them how easy it is to prepare! I'm the oldest of 13 kids and have been cooking since I was 7.—Shannon Donnan, Saskatoon, Saskatchewan
Total TimePrep: 5 min. Cook: 45 min.
- 4 bacon strips, diced
- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed tomato soup, undiluted
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 4 ounces spaghetti or angel hair pasta, cooked and drained
- In a large skillet, cook bacon until crisp. Remove with a slotted spoon and set aside. In the drippings, cook the beef, celery, onion, mushrooms and green pepper over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain.
- Stir in the soup, Worcestershire sauce, salt, pepper and bacon; Stir in pasta. Cover and simmer for 20 minutes or until heated through.
Toss salad greens with tomato wedges and cucumber slices. Sprinkle with Italian seasoning and drizzle with oil-and-vinegar dressing. Serve with Spaghetti Supreme.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 331 calories, 19g fat (7g saturated fat), 43mg cholesterol, 833mg sodium, 25g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 3g fiber), 16g protein.
Originally published as Spaghetti Supreme in Taste of Home Ground Beef Cookbook-Book
Feb 20, 2011
I lost this recipe years ago and I'm glad I found it here. This recipe is a great weekday meal. It's super easy and my kids really enjoy it
Nov 14, 2010
It's got an even balance of different flavors. It's GREAT!