Spaghetti Squash with Tomatoes and Olives
This squash is welcome as a side dish, but you can also top it with canned tuna to serve as a main dish. I use my own canned tomatoes for the best flavor. It's easy and so tasty! —Carol Chase, Sioux City, Iowa
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Cook: 5-1/4 hours
- 1 medium spaghetti squash, halved, seeds removed
- 1 can (14 ounces) diced tomatoes
- 1/4 cup sliced green olives with pimientos, drained
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- Place squash in 6- or 7-quart slow cooker, overlapping as needed to fit. Cook, covered, on low until tender, 5-7 hours.
- Remove squash from slow cooker; drain any cooking liquid from slow cooker. Using a fork, separate squash into strands resembling spaghetti, discarding the skin. Return squash to slow cooker. Stir in tomatoes, olives, oregano, salt and pepper; cook on low until heated through, about 15 minutes. Top with cheese and basil to serve.
Test Kitchen tips