Spaghetti with Fresh Tomatoes
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 package (16 ounces) spaghetti
- 2 pounds fresh tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 12 ounces part-skim mozzarella cheese, cut into 1/4-inch cubes
- 1-1/4 cups julienned fresh basil
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 4 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Cook spaghetti according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large serving bowl, combine the tomatoes, cheese, basil, olives, vinegar, salt and pepper. Drain spaghetti; add to tomato mixture and toss to combine.
- In a small nonstick skillet over medium heat, cook garlic in oil until tender. Pour over spaghetti mixture; toss to coat.
Nutrition Facts1-2/3 cups: 398 calories, 13g fat (5g saturated fat), 23mg cholesterol, 457mg sodium, 51g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 3g fiber), 20g protein.
Aug 4, 2016
This is a very light, very easy dish. I think I might not have tossed it all well enough because it really tasted bland (other than the basil). I didn't get the balsamic taste at all. I added a bit more and I thought it tasted a lot better. Personal preference I suppose. I may look into doing a balsamic glaze next time instead of the vinegar. See how that works out. I didn't change anything except using regular pepper instead of coarsely ground. We will definitely make this again and I'll tweak it some more to suite our palates :)
Jun 17, 2013
Loved this! Sauteed mushrooms and green peppers with the garlic.
Aug 25, 2009
I thought this sounded good, but I didn't know it was going to be so good!! My husband called it "bruschetta spaghetti". I made it with WW pasta, which gave it a sweetness and added flavour. We'll definitely be making it again!!
Aug 24, 2009
This recipe was absoulutely delicious.My kids really liked and it was simple to make.The garlic does add jut the right touch.A.Brown,Salem,Oregon
Aug 20, 2009
I am going to try this recipe as soon as I can; it sounds absolutely delicious! Always watching my diet, this is a great way to do it!Sylvia,Naples, Fla.
Aug 20, 2009
This recipe sound simply wonderful and easy. The garlic adds just the right touch. Yum,B Monroe, Sparta, MI
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.