Total TimePrep: 15 min. Grill: 30 min.
- 2 small yellow summer squash, thinly sliced
- 2 small zucchini, thinly sliced
- 1 medium tomato, seeded and chopped
- 1/4 cup pitted ripe olives
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onion
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- Place the yellow squash, zucchini, tomato, olives and onion on a double thickness of heavy-duty foil (about 17x18 in.). Combine the oil, lemon juice, garlic salt, oregano and pepper; drizzle over vegetables. Fold foil around mixture and seal tightly.
- Grill, covered, over medium heat for 30-35 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Open foil carefully to allow steam to escape.
- Transfer vegetables to a serving bowl. Sprinkle with cheese.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 80 calories, 5g fat (1g saturated fat), 2mg cholesterol, 479mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 3g fiber), 4g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 vegetable, 1/2 fat.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
May 29, 2016
Great flavor! Easy to make. I also baked in a covered dish along side the main course.
Jul 21, 2015
Fantastic recipe! We substituted feta for the parmesan; it felt more Greek. Made it in the oven and it was delicious---definitely a keeper!!! Thanks!
Jun 29, 2015
Made this over the weekend. I did it in the oven and it turned great!. I covred it with foil and baked it for about 20/25 mintus @ 350. I also added some mozarella cheese.
Sep 3, 2014
The amount of time suggested was way too long. The vegetables ended up very mushy and rather bland. I may try again and cook in the microwave as others have suggested or on the grill or 20 - 25 minutes.
Jul 23, 2013
I received this recipe via Facebook earlier today and had to try it out tonight. I used halved cherry tomatoes because I thought they'd hold up a little better during cooking. I could have grilled them 25 minutes and they would have been perfect. Tasty, easy, high on flavor and low on calories and carbs. I will definitely make this again. This would be a great side dish for those who are diabetic or who are counting calories.
Oct 2, 2011
I loved this, but my preferred method of cooking was in the microwave, and then sprinkling shredded parmesan cheese on top. I also used large slices/chunks of squash, rather than the thin slices because I don't like mushy veggies. They were a little mushy/soft from grilling, but cooked in the microwave, they were PERFECT!
Oct 2, 2011
I made a large batch of this; cooked one batch on the grill as the recipe calls for - the squash was quite soft and over done but still quite tasty! The second batch I microwaved on my "fresh vegetable" setting and then topped with shredded parmesan cheese - OUTSTANDING!!! The veggies were perfect - tender but not mushy in the least and the flavor was fantastic.
Aug 24, 2010
This is one of my favorite go-to vegetable recipes. Everyone loves it. I put the packet on the grill or in the oven. Try substituting some crumbled Feta cheese for the Parmesan and use Kalamata olives -- it's great!