Sauteed Squash Medley
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 small yellow summer squash, halved and sliced
- 1 small zucchini, halved and sliced
- 1-1/2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, cut into 1/4-inch strips
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- In a large skillet, saute the squash, zucchini, mushrooms, onion and red pepper in butter for 8-10 minutes or until tender. Stir in garlic salt and pepper; sprinkle with cheese.
Nutrition Facts2/3 cup: 91 calories, 6g fat (4g saturated fat), 16mg cholesterol, 285mg sodium, 6g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 2g fiber), 4g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1 fat.
Oct 26, 2015
Very tasty. I didn't have peppers or mushrooms. I wanted to try this recipe, so made it without. It was still very good.
Mar 12, 2015
Really, really good.
Jun 27, 2012
Very tasty and looks great. I thought the addition on the Parmesan cheese on the top added that nice texture and twist.
Sep 10, 2010
We make this recipe ALL the time! My kids always request it. It is fantastic :)
Aug 19, 2010
This recipe is absolutely delicious. I left out the onions. I used medium size squash, and it makes a lot. My boyfriend immediately exclamed, "This is Good!!".
Mar 9, 2010
Great flavor. I omitted the onions as I was concerned they wouldn't get soft enough for my taste. Rest of the veggies were great.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.