Baked Vegetable Medley
Total TimePrep: 35 min. + chilling Bake: 40 min.
- 1 medium head cauliflower, broken into florets
- 1 bunch broccoli, cut into florets
- 6 medium carrots, sliced
- 1 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 bunch green onions, sliced
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup process cheese sauce
- Place the cauliflower, broccoli and carrots in a steamer basket; place in a large saucepan over 1 in. of water. Bring to a boil; cover and steam 7-9 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute mushrooms and onions in butter until tender.
- Drain vegetables. In a large bowl, combine soup, milk and cheese sauce. Add vegetables and mushroom mixture; toss to coat. Transfer to a greased 2-qt. baking dish. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Preheat oven to 350°. Bake, uncovered, 40-45 minutes or until bubbly.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Feb 19, 2017
Good taste. Vert convenient to make the night before when I make a Turkey dinner, Heated just right while the turkey set out and was carved.
Jun 12, 2014
Have had recipe saved for quite some time, however, this is my first review/comment: absolute hit with my family. I don't make as often as I ought to, though. Thank you for sharing, TOH! As for cheese sauce, prefer to make own.
Oct 19, 2013
I get requests to make this dish each Thanksgiving and Christmas. A definite hit with friends and family. I wouldn't recommend using frozen vegetables though as the dish get's too soggy like. Fresh vegetables are the way to go! You can cut the chopping time down by buying pre-cut vegetables in a bag.
Apr 16, 2012
Very good love the fresh veggies. will make again
Dec 24, 2011
I wasnt sure about the process cheese sauce so used a 3 cheese sauce and it worked fine, very yummy! I think i will try it with the con queso cheese next time, that sounds good!
May 21, 2010
Nice and tasty. I don't like process cheese, so I made my own cheddar cheese sauce (white sauce with extra sharp cheddar cheese). I wanted to serve for supper, so I did not cover and refrigerate overnight. I only refrigerated it for a couple of hours. I also topped with some cheddar cheese before baking. It was very good. I will definitely make this again.
Nov 24, 2009
Great casserole. I have made it a few times and have received lots of good reports and requests for the recipe. I like being able to do the prep work a day early.
Aug 10, 2009
Added queso cheese sauce to it and it turned out great!