Yellow Squash and Peppers
Anna Stodolak sends her quick veggie side dish that's sure to perk up any dinner. Anna uses fresh yellow squash and peppers from her Volant, Pennsylvania garden.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 3 cups sliced yellow summer squash
- 1/2 cup sliced onion
- 1/2 cup each julienned green and sweet red peppers
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1/4 cup water
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a large skillet, saute the squash, onion and peppers in oil for 4-5 minutes or until crisp-tender. Add the remaining ingredients. Reduce heat to medium.
- Cook, uncovered, for 3-4 minutes or until vegetables are tender, stirring occasionally. Serve with a slotted spoon.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 62 calories, 4g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 151mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 3g fiber), 1g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 vegetable, 1/2 fat.
Aug 31, 2017
Used this recipe last night. I have summer squash that needs to be used and I found this. Cut recipe in 1/2 as I am alone. I am going to make it again today and make a full recipe. This was wonderful! Will become a favorite I'm sure!