Yellow Squash & Watermelon Salad
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
Makes12 servings (1 cup each)
- 6 cups cubed seedless watermelon
- 2 medium yellow summer squash, chopped
- 2 medium zucchini, chopped
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 12 fresh mint leaves, torn
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 8 cups fresh arugula or baby spinach
- 1 cup (4 ounces) crumbled feta cheese
- In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Just before serving, add arugula and cheese; toss gently to combine.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 61 calories, 2g fat (1g saturated fat), 5mg cholesterol, 299mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 2g fiber), 3g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1/2 fruit.
Jul 8, 2019
Arugula , mint , watermelon and feta make a perfect combo. Very refreshing in a hot day!
Jun 28, 2017
Very good, and I will be making this again, but without the squash. We didn't really think it brought anything to the salad. I love the sweet/salty/peppery contrast with the melon, feta, and arugula. I will probably add some pepitas or sunflower seeds for crunch next time
Jul 23, 2015
Excellent flavors. Halved the recipe and served as an entree for three. Thought there would be a lot leftover but we polished it off in one meal, served with a hearty bread.
Jun 20, 2014
Do you prepare this without cooking the squash? The flavor together sound delicious.
May 27, 2014
I halved the recipe and used spinach. It was delicious! Very light and refreshing. Look forward to taking this to Summer potlucks.