Yellow Squash Turkey Salad
This is my favorite fast recipe. A wonderful mix of flavors and textures, this impressive salad can be made in minutes for lunch or as a dinnertime side dish. —Mildred Sherrer, Fort Worth, Texas
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 4 cups spring mix salad greens
- 1/4 pound thinly sliced deli smoked turkey, cut into 1-inch strips
- 1 small yellow summer squash, halved lengthwise and sliced
- 1 small pear, chopped
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/3 cup honey-roasted sliced almonds
- 1/4 cup cubed cheddar cheese
- 1/3 cup red wine vinaigrette
- In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Drizzle with vinaigrette and toss to coat. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts2 cups: 490 calories, 17g fat (3g saturated fat), 37mg cholesterol, 1170mg sodium, 61g carbohydrate (48g sugars, 7g fiber), 22g protein.
Originally published as Turkey Salad in Simple & Delicious September/October 2007
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.