Turkey with Orange Sauce
I found this recipe in one of my mother's cookbooks. It's a quick way to fix turkey. My family likes it with rice and a tossed salad. —Gaye O'Dell of Binghamton, New York
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 pound turkey breast tenderloins
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1-1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons butter
- Sprinkle turkey with 1/4 teaspoon salt and pepper; place in a microwave-safe 11x7-in. dish. Cover, venting one corner, and microwave on high for 3 minutes.
- Turn turkey; cover and microwave 1 to 1-1/2 minutes longer or until turkey is no longer pink and a thermometer reads 170°.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, combine the cornstarch, brown sugar, orange juice, lemon juice, butter and remaining salt. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 1 to 1-1/2 minutes or until thickened; stir until smooth. Serve with turkey.
Editor's NoteThis recipe was tested with an 850-watt microwave.
This recipe was tested in a 1,100-watt microwave.
Nutrition Facts4 ounce-weight: 189 calories, 3g fat (1g saturated fat), 75mg cholesterol, 370mg sodium, 11g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 28g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 1 fruit.
Originally published as Turkey with Orange Sauce in Light & Tasty April/May 2003
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.