Turkey with Lime Butter Sauce
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/8 teaspoon paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 package (17.6 ounces) turkey breast cutlets
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- LIME BUTTER SAUCE:
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1/2 teaspoon minced chives
- 1/2 teaspoon minced fresh dill
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lime zest
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the first five ingredients. Add turkey, a few pieces at a time; close bag and shake to coat.
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add turkey in batches and cook 1-2 minutes on each side or until no longer pink. Remove; keep warm.
- In same skillet, cook green onion and garlic 1 minute. Add broth and lime juice, stirring to loosen browned bits from pan. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low; stir in remaining ingredients. Cook and stir until butter is melted. Serve turkey with butter sauce.
Nutrition Facts1 serving (calculated without added salt): 465 calories, 31g fat (16g saturated fat), 138mg cholesterol, 333mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 33g protein.
Jan 14, 2014
This was amazingly fast to put together. Way less than 30 minutes. Lime butter would be good on other meats/items as well. I left out the chives, as I didn't have any, and substituted dried dill.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.