Turkey Medallions with Tomato Salad
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Cook: 15 min.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 medium green pepper, coarsely chopped
- 1 celery rib, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 1 tablespoon thinly sliced fresh basil
- 3 medium tomatoes
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 cup panko (Japanese) bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup finely chopped walnuts
- 1 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1 package (20 ounces) turkey breast tenderloins
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Additional fresh basil
- Whisk together first five ingredients. Stir in green pepper, celery, onion and basil. Cut tomatoes into wedges; cut wedges in half. Stir into pepper mixture.
- In a shallow bowl, whisk together egg and lemon juice. In another shallow bowl, toss bread crumbs with cheese, walnuts and lemon pepper.
- Cut tenderloins crosswise into 1-in. slices; flatten slices with a meat mallet to 1/2-in. thickness. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Dip in egg mixture, then in crumb mixture, patting to adhere.
- In a large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium-high heat. Add a third of the turkey; cook until golden brown, 2-3 minutes per side. Repeat twice with remaining oil and turkey. Serve with tomato mixture; sprinkle with basil.
Editor's NoteTo make soft bread crumbs, tear bread into pieces and place in a food processor or blender. Cover and pulse until crumbs form. One slice of bread yields 1/2 to 3/4 cup crumbs.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 351 calories, 21g fat (3g saturated fat), 68mg cholesterol, 458mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 2g fiber), 29g protein.
Jul 2, 2019
Thanks! It's very helpful. I stress on the point that when on a new diet, a daily plan is very important Without it it’s too easy to fall for peer pressure, to be unprepared and to make bad decisions. I was one among those people who had knowledge about what to eat and what not to, but didn't have a daily plan to carry me through that critical first month until I came across something called as 28-Day Keto challenge. It's more than a plan, a challenge which guided me every step of my way. Their guidance helped me a lot and now I feel a sense of accomplishment. I notice my skin and hair improve and even can sleep better now. I lost a lot of weight too and I now have that energy which I haven't felt in years. I very strongly recommend you this. Visit https://bit.ly/2X8zIgv