Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 cup sliced celery
- 1/2 cup sliced carrots
- 1 cup fat-free milk
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3/4 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 cups diced cooked turkey or chicken
- 2 tablespoons dried minced onion
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 to 4 teaspoons curry powder
- Hot cooked rice, optional
- Lightly coat a skillet with cooking spray; saute celery and carrots until tender. In a bowl, mix 1/4 cup milk and cornstarch until smooth. Add broth and remaining milk; mix until smooth.
- Pour over vegetables. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Add the turkey, onion, garlic powder and curry powder; heat through, stirring occasionally. Serve with rice if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 cup (calculated without rice): 172 calories, 3g fat (1g saturated fat), 72mg cholesterol, 235mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 1g fiber), 24g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 3 lean meat.
Jan 14, 2017
Made this curry last nite and it was delicious. Next time, I'll add more carrot, onion and celery and try it with canned coconut milk.
Apr 19, 2016
Super easy to make. Will make it again and will use more curry than I used the first time.
Jan 19, 2016
Absolutely delicious!!! The only thing I changed was that I added one red pepper and doubled the recipe in order to have more leftovers. I also doubled the full amount of the curry because my husband and I love spice! (I used 8 teaspoons of curry for the doubled recipe)
Nov 28, 2015
Very good! One of the best curries I have had. Quite easy, too.
Mar 24, 2015
Super yummy and easy! I substituted chicken for the turkey and it was just as good. Reheats well. I used 3 tsp curry powder and it was the right amount of spice for us. We do like spicy food, so if you're not as adventurous, I would use less than 3 tsp.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.