Turkey in Cream Sauce
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Cook: 7 hours
- 1-1/4 cups white wine or chicken broth
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 teaspoons dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 3 turkey breast tenderloins (3/4 pound each)
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/2 cup half-and-half cream or whole milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- In a 3-qt. slow cooker, combine the wine, onion, garlic and bay leaves. Combine rosemary and pepper; rub over turkey. Place in slow cooker. Cover and cook on low for 7-9 hours or until turkey is tender.
- Remove turkey to a serving platter; keep warm. Strain and skim fat from cooking juices; transfer to a small saucepan. Bring liquid to a boil. Combine the cornstarch, cream and salt until smooth. Gradually stir into the pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve with turkey.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 205 calories, 3g fat (1g saturated fat), 58mg cholesterol, 231mg sodium, 6g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 0 fiber), 32g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 1/2 starch, 1/2 fat.
Jul 14, 2019
I added a little cream to the sauce. My husband loved it.
Jan 3, 2019
Very good recipe. Made it exactly as written. Turned out great! Will definitely make again. Joyce Moynihan, Volunteer Field Editor.
Jan 23, 2014
This was absolutely fabulous!!! I used 3 turkey legs and cooked 8 hours. Almost fell of the bone. after taking meat off bone, returned to gravy after adding milk and cornstarch. Ended up in microwave 2 minutes to thicken a little more. A great way to prepare the tastebuds for Thanksgiving :)
Sep 7, 2009
This is wonderful. I use chicken breast instead of turkey. I also add mushrooms.