Hot Turkey Salad
When you're looking for a cold salad to serve, turn here! Just combine the ingredients—eliminating the crushed potato chips—and serve chilled instead. Whether you serve it hot or cold, it's delicious.—Jane Payne, Twin Falls, Idaho
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 4 cups cubed cooked turkey
- 2 cups diced celery
- 1 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 cups mayonnaise
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup crushed potato chips
- In a greased 2-qt. baking dish, combine the first eight ingredients. Top with potato chips.
- Bake, uncovered, at 450° for 15 minutes or until bubbly.
Editor's NoteReduced-fat or fat-free mayonnaise is not recommended for this recipe.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 786 calories, 66g fat (13g saturated fat), 111mg cholesterol, 963mg sodium, 11g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 3g fiber), 36g protein.
Originally published as Hot Turkey Salad in Country Woman November/December 1996