Hot Turkey Salad
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 4 cups cubed cooked turkey
- 2 cups diced celery
- 1 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 cups mayonnaise
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup crushed potato chips
- In a greased 2-qt. baking dish, combine the first eight ingredients. Top with potato chips.
- Bake, uncovered, at 450° for 15 minutes or until bubbly.
Editor's NoteReduced-fat or fat-free mayonnaise is not recommended for this recipe.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 786 calories, 66g fat (13g saturated fat), 111mg cholesterol, 963mg sodium, 11g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 3g fiber), 36g protein.
Jul 9, 2010
I love this recipe, however I modified it by using 3/4 c of mayo and 3/4 cup of Miracle Whip which perked it up. It's easy to prepare and can be done ahead of time and baked later and re-heats as leftovers wonderfully. I serve it with a salad and hard rolls.