Turkey Curry with Rice
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1-1/3 cups chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons curry powder
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 3 medium carrots, thinly sliced
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen cauliflower, thawed
- 3 cups chopped cooked turkey
- 1/2 cup mango chutney
- 2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 4-1/2 cups hot cooked rice
- Additional mango chutney, optional
- In a large saucepan, mix the first seven ingredients. Add carrots and onion; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, 3-5 minutes or until carrots are crisp-tender. Add cauliflower; cook, covered, 4-6 minutes longer or until vegetables are tender.
- Stir in turkey and chutney; heat through. In a small bowl, mix flour and coconut milk until smooth; stir into turkey mixture. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly; cook and stir 1-2 minutes or until slightly thickened. Serve with rice and, if desired, additional chutney.
Nutrition Facts1 cup turkey mixture with 3/4 cup rice: 363 calories, 9g fat (7g saturated fat), 1mg cholesterol, 787mg sodium, 64g carbohydrate (16g sugars, 5g fiber), 7g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Nov 13, 2017
Love the twist from Subcontinent curry and Pacific coconut milk to smooth it! And chutney to sweeten. Yum!
Oct 7, 2015
Made this for supper tonite and we loved it. No changes were made to the recipe. Next time I might add some golden raisins.