Turkey Rice Soup
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Cook: 30 min.
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) chicken broth
- 2 cups water
- 1/2 cup apple juice, optional
- 1 package (6 ounces) long grain and wild rice mix
- 2-1/2 cups cubed cooked turkey
- 2 cups frozen mixed vegetables
- In a large saucepan, saute mushrooms and onion in oil for 3 minutes. Stir in the broth, water and apple juice if desired. Bring to a boil. Stir in rice mix. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Stir in turkey and vegetables; cook 5 minutes longer or until rice and vegetables are tender.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 254 calories, 5g fat (1g saturated fat), 44mg cholesterol, 714mg sodium, 30g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 3g fiber), 23g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Nov 30, 2015
Really yummy soup. I did change it up a bit based on what I had on hand. I used frozen corn and fresh carrots and celery. I did not add the apple juice but did add some seasoning salt, a pinch of red pepper flakes and black pepper. It was so tasty.