Lemony Chicken & Rice
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + marinating Bake: 55 min.
Makes2 casseroles (4 servings each)
- 2 cups water
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 2 teaspoons pepper
- 16 bone-in chicken thighs, skin removed (about 6 pounds)
- 2 cups uncooked long grain rice
- 4 tablespoons grated lemon peel, divided
- 2 medium lemons, sliced
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the first seven ingredients. Add chicken; seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate 4 hours or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 325°. Spread 1 cup rice into each of two greased 13x9-in. baking dishes. Top each with 1 tablespoon lemon peel, 8 chicken thighs and half of the marinade. Top with sliced lemons.
- Bake, covered, 40 minutes. Bake, uncovered, 15-20 minutes longer or until a thermometer inserted in chicken reads 180°. Sprinkle with remaining lemon peel.
Nutrition Facts2 chicken thighs with 3/4 cup rice mixture: 624 calories, 26g fat (6g saturated fat), 173mg cholesterol, 754mg sodium, 41g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 53g protein.
Jun 2, 2018
Would make this again. i was wary of cooking rice with chicken, so I cooked it separately.
Jun 1, 2016
Sad to say, I wasn't happy with this recipe. The rice definitely needed more liquid and the whole dish needed more salt.
Apr 14, 2016
I used long grain rice and rice did not get cooked all the way. Loved the taste but will use parboiled rice next time.
Mar 11, 2016
I used boneless chicken breast and cut the recipe in 1/2 for my smaller family . Very tasty!!
Feb 20, 2014
A real hit with mu family, will make it again for sure!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.