Simple Lemon Rice
Pat Stevens' tasty rice side dish has colorful flecks of fresh parsley and pimientos and delivers a lip-smacking splash of sunshiny citrus flavor. Thanks to this Granbury, Texas cook for her recipe.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1-1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1-1/2 cups uncooked instant rice
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 to 1-1/2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- Dash salt
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons diced pimientos
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- In a small saucepan, bring broth to a boil. Stir in the rice, butter, lemon peel, garlic and salt; cover and remove from the heat. Let stand for 5 minutes. Stir in the parsley, pimientos and pepper. Fluff with a fork.