Lemony Chicken Noodle Soup
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/4 pound boneless skinless chicken breast, cubed
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) chicken broth
- 1 medium carrot, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1/4 cup fresh or frozen peas
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 2 cups uncooked medium egg noodles
- 1 to 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- In a small saucepan, saute onion in oil and butter until tender. Add chicken; cook and stir until chicken is lightly browned and meat is no longer pink. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer.
- Stir in the broth, carrot, peas and basil. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5 minutes. Add the noodles. Cover and simmer until noodles are tender, 8-10 minutes. Stir in lemon juice.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 435 calories, 23g fat (6g saturated fat), 83mg cholesterol, 949mg sodium, 38g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 4g fiber), 21g protein.
Apr 27, 2020
This was a really tasty soup. My husband doesn’t love lemon as much as I do and I put the 2 tablespoons of juice in it and he still loved it! I did use homemade egg noodles and I rolled them a little thicker than I meant to so they were like thin slickers (dumplings) and I thought that was great with this recipe. Thanks.
Sep 7, 2014
I've been making this soup for years, and it's always a hit. The brightness of the lemon only makes a classic even better!