Creamy Lemon Rice
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2-1/2 cups chicken broth
- 2 ounces cream cheese, cubed
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 1 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 1/4 cup minced fresh basil
- In a saucepan, combine first six ingredients; bring to a boil. Stir with a whisk to blend.
- Stir in rice; return to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, until liquid is absorbed and rice is tender, about 15 minutes. Stir in basil.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 246 calories, 6g fat (3g saturated fat), 17mg cholesterol, 806mg sodium, 42g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 5g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Feb 1, 2018
As mentioned previously, the cook time needed to be longer. With the longer cooking time, I needed to add more liquid as it came out a bit dry. I used dry basil but I want to try with fresh next time.
Nov 1, 2017
Great side dish. Quick and easy, pairs well with chicken or baked fish.
Mar 28, 2017
I LOVE THIS RICE!! This is a super easy recipe with on-hand ingredients.
Feb 20, 2017
Was tasty. Husband isn't a rice fan but liked this. It took longer to asorb the liquid than the recipe called for.