- 2 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons fat-free milk
- 3/4 cup panko bread crumbs
- 2/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup frozen peas (about 4 ounces), thawed
- 1/4 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- Freshly ground pepper, optional
- In a saucepan, bring broth and lemon juice to a boil. Stir in rice and onion; return to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, until liquid is almost absorbed and rice is tender, 15-20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a shallow bowl, whisk together egg and milk. In another bowl, toss bread crumbs with 1/3 cup cheese and oregano. Pound chicken breasts with a meat mallet to 1/4-in. thickness. Dip in egg mixture, then in crumb mixture to coat both sides.
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Cook chicken until golden brown and chicken is no longer pink, 2-3 minutes per side.
- When rice is cooked, gently stir in peas; cook, covered, until heated through, 1-2 minutes. Stir in lemon zest and remaining cheese. Cut chicken into slices; serve with rice. If desired, sprinkle with pepper.
3 ounces cooked chicken with 3/4 cup rice: 500 calories, 14g fat (4g saturated fat), 96mg cholesterol, 623mg sodium, 55g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 3g fiber), 36g protein.