Zesty Chicken and Rice
Total TimePrep: 5 min. Bake: 1 hour 20 min.
- 6 chicken breast halves (bone in)
- 1/3 cup Italian salad dressing
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) chicken broth
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen broccoli, carrots and water chestnuts
- 2/3 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 1-1/4 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- Place chicken in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Pour dressing over chicken. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 20 minutes. Combine broth, vegetables, rice and Italian seasoning; pour over chicken.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 30 minutes. Uncover; bake 30 minutes more or until chicken juices run clear and rice is tender.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 266 calories, 6g fat (0 saturated fat), 73mg cholesterol, 208mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 31g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 starch, 1 vegetable.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Mar 11, 2019
What a great recipe! I used boneless, skinless chicken breast pieces instead of bone-in and brown rice instead of long grain, so I only uncovered my pan for the last 15 minutes of baking. I covered my pan again after taking it from the oven and let it stand 10 minutes before serving. The rice and chicken were both tender and very delicious!
Sep 10, 2008
Chicken was a little dry. Suggest turning chicken over for last half hour.