Zesty Chicken Wings
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Bake: 50 min.
- 1/2 cup corn syrup
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 16 chicken wings (about 3 pounds)
- In a large saucepan, combine the first eight ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 15-20 minutes or until thickened.
- Meanwhile, cut chicken wings into three sections; discard wing tips. Place wings in a well-greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan.
- Bake at 375° for 30 minutes, turning once. Brush with sauce. Bake 20-25 minutes longer, turning and basting once, or until chicken juices run clear. Serve with additional sauce if desired.
Nutrition Facts4 each: 192 calories, 9g fat (2g saturated fat), 37mg cholesterol, 360mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 1g fiber), 12g protein.
Feb 19, 2018
I made these Wings for Super Bowl Sunday and got a thumbs up from my family:) Will make again.
May 13, 2016
Very good. This was my first attempt at chicken wings. I made them for a gathering of people and they were snatched up quickly. This is the recipe I will use if I need to make wings again.
Mar 6, 2016
These were really good. My family enjoyed them for Sunday dinner. I didn't have corn syrup, so I substituted molasses that I had on hand. I also added a few splashes of hot sauce and 1/4 cup of honey. I will be making these again.
Feb 27, 2016
Perfect wings! Incredible sauce! Everyone loved them!
Feb 13, 2014
Excellent flavor! I dipped the wings the first time and then brushed them with the sauce the second. It seemed to stay on very well.
Sep 14, 2013
These were great. Huge hit with the guys!!
Aug 2, 2012
I've been making this recipe for years and there is no better sauce in the world! I love how when you smell the sauce cooking it almost burns your nose hairs and then when you taste it it's more sweet and tangy than crazy spicy. I've tried using the sauce on boneless skinless chicken, but it is just not the same, so stick with the real deal.
May 28, 2012
I've made this several times, veganizing it by using browned seitan in place of the chicken wings and it's fantastic. You could also use veggie "chicken" nuggets, though I haven't tried it yet. I'm sure it would work out well.
Sep 17, 2011
My husband loves these. I prefer to dip each wing in the sauce both times for better coverage, rather than brush it on. Thanks!
Jul 5, 2011
These were really tasty -enough spice to give a kick, but not overwhelming. Only issue I had was sticking to the pan, even though I sprayed the pan with Pam. Next time I'll grease more heavily.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.