Exotic Five-Spice Chicken Wings
Savor the flavors you crave! These distinctive wings deliver a sweet, salty and slightly spicy taste with every bite. —Barb Miller, Oakdale, Minnesota
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + marinating Bake: 40 min.
- 12 chicken wings (about 3 pounds)
- 1 cup honey
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 4 teaspoons Chinese five-spice powder
- 4 teaspoons minced fresh gingerroot
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Sesame seeds and sliced green onions, optional
- Using a sharp knife, cut through the two wing joints; discard wing tips. In a small bowl, whisk honey, oil, soy sauce, five-spice powder, ginger, salt, garlic powder and cayenne until blended. Pour 1 cup into a large resealable plastic bag. Place chicken wings in bag; seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate 4 hours. Cover and refrigerate remaining marinade.
- Preheat oven to 400°. Drain chicken, discarding marinade. Place wings on a rack in a foil-lined 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Bake, uncovered, 25 minutes, turning once. Bake 15-20 minutes longer or until chicken juices run clear, turning and basting occasionally with reserved marinade. If desired, sprinkle with sesame seeds and onions.