Sweet & Spicy Chicken Wings
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Cook: 5 hours
Makesabout 2-1/2 dozen
- 3 pounds chicken wings
- 1-1/2 cups ketchup
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup finely chopped sweet red pepper
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1-1/2 teaspoons crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- Ranch Dressing and celery stalks, optional
- Cut wings into three sections; discard wing tip sections. Place chicken in a 4-qt. slow cooker. In a small bowl, combine the remaining ingredients. Pour over chicken; stir until coated. Cover and cook on low until chicken juices run clear, 5-6 hours. If desired, serve with ranch dressing and celery stalks.
Editor's NoteUncooked chicken wing sections (wingettes) may be substituted for whole chicken wings.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 95 calories, 3g fat (1g saturated fat), 14mg cholesterol, 195mg sodium, 11g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 0 fiber), 5g protein.
Jan 4, 2016
What a surprise! I made these for New year Eve, but forgot about them in the crockpot. I spooned them out, and the next day, we broiled them. Loved them.! A little worried that they would be to sweet or soupy, but they turned out great!!!
Feb 3, 2015
I 've made this 3 times in 1 month! My family & friends love it!
Feb 2, 2015
I'd rate 3-I too overcooked a bit, but they are kind of soupy so I took out of the sauce and under the broiler for a few to make not quite so messy.
Dec 27, 2011
good flavor. i broiled the wings first, 3" from heat - just to give them a bit of crispness, then transfered to crock pot. the wings were very tender; however, i overcooked mine a bit - should've cut back on cooking time since i broiled them.