Sweet & Spicy Chicken Wings
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Cook: 5 hours
Makesabout 2-1/2 dozen
- 3 pounds chicken wings
- 1-1/2 cups ketchup
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup finely chopped sweet red pepper
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1-1/2 teaspoons crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- Ranch Dressing and celery stalks, optional
- Cut wings into three sections; discard wing tip sections. Place chicken in a 4-qt. slow cooker. In a small bowl, combine the remaining ingredients. Pour over chicken; stir until coated. Cover and cook on low for 5-6 hours or until chicken juices run clear. Serve with ranch dressing and celery stalks if desired.
Editor's NoteUncooked chicken wing sections (wingettes) may be substituted for whole chicken wings.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 95 calories, 3g fat (1g saturated fat), 14mg cholesterol, 195mg sodium, 11g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 0 fiber), 5g protein.
Jan 4, 2016
What a surprise! I made these for New year Eve, but forgot about them in the crockpot. I spooned them out, and the next day, we broiled them. Loved them.! A little worried that they would be to sweet or soupy, but they turned out great!!!
Feb 3, 2015
I 've made this 3 times in 1 month! My family & friends love it!
Feb 2, 2015
I'd rate 3-I too overcooked a bit, but they are kind of soupy so I took out of the sauce and under the broiler for a few to make not quite so messy.
Dec 27, 2011
good flavor. i broiled the wings first, 3" from heat - just to give them a bit of crispness, then transfered to crock pot. the wings were very tender; however, i overcooked mine a bit - should've cut back on cooking time since i broiled them.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.