You'll find these hot wings have just the right amount of zip. But if you want them a little hotter—like we often do—simply add more hot pepper sauce. I hope you enjoy them! —Dawn Wright, Moline, Michigan
Total TimePrep: 45 min. Bake: 15 min. + standing
- 4 pounds whole chicken wings
- Oil for deep-fat frying
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup barbecue sauce
- 4 to 6 tablespoons hot pepper sauce
- 3 tablespoons vinegar
- 3 tablespoons prepared mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- Celery and carrot sticks
- Blue cheese or ranch salad dressing
- Cut wings into three sections; discard wing tip section. In a deep cast-iron or electric skillet, heat oil to 350°. Fry chicken wings, a few at a time, about 9 minutes or until golden. Drain on paper towels; place in a large bowl.
- In a small saucepan, combine the next seven ingredients; cook and stir 5-10 minutes. Pour over cooked wings; let stand 10 minutes. With a slotted spoon, remove wings from sauce and place in a single layer on greased baking sheets.
- Bake at 350° for 15 minutes. Serve hot with vegetable sticks and dressing for dipping.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 92 calories, 7g fat (2g saturated fat), 15mg cholesterol, 72mg sodium, 3g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 0 fiber), 4g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.