You'll find these wings have just the right amount of "zip". But if you want them a little hotter—like we often do—simply add more hot pepper sauce. I hope you enjoy them!
Total TimePrep: 45 min. Bake: 15 min. + standing
- 4 pounds whole chicken wings
- Oil for deep-fat frying
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup barbecue sauce
- 4 to 6 tablespoons hot pepper sauce
- 3 tablespoons vinegar
- 3 tablespoons prepared mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- Celery and carrot sticks
- Blue cheese or ranch salad dressing
- Cut wings into three sections; discard wing tip section. In an electric skillet or deep-fat fryer, heat oil to 350°. Fry chicken wings, a few at a time, about 9 minutes or until golden. Drain on paper towels; place in a large bowl.
- In a small saucepan, combine the next seven ingredients; cook and stir 5-10 minutes. Pour over cooked wings; let stand 10 minutes. With a slotted spoon, remove wings from sauce and place in a single layer on greased baking sheets.
- Bake at 350° for 15 minutes. Serve hot with vegetable sticks and dressing for dipping.
Originally published as Hot Wings in Country Chicken Cookbook
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.