Hawaiian Chicken Wings
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Cook: 1 hour
- 4 pound whole chicken wings
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- Oil for deep-fat frying
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped jalapeno pepper
- Cut chicken wings into three sections; discard wing tips. In a large plastic bag or shallow bowl, combine flour and salt. Add wings in small batches; toss to coat. In an electric skillet or deep-fat fryer, heat oil to 350°. Fry wings, a few at a time, until juices run clear, about 9 minutes. Drain on paper towels.
- In a bowl, combine sugar, soy sauce, garlic, onion and jalapeno. Dip fried wings in sauce; serve immediately.
Editor's NoteWear disposable gloves when cutting hot peppers; the oils can burn skin. Avoid touching your face.
Jul 31, 2013
I made these for a Superbowl party and they were almost as big a hit as the game itself!! I will be making these again!
May 14, 2012
I made these for a kids birthday party luau. Since I didn't have time to fry them and serve immediately, I grilled them instead. The sauce was fantastic. Next time I will ad more jalapenos to make it spicier.
Nov 4, 2010
Made for a christmas party and got rave reviews. I always find myself coming back to this recipe when I want wings.
May 16, 2010
I first tried these wings years ago as a teenager and they became a family favorite! I'm married now and still make them often. My mom even included them in the menu when she through my husband and I a luau theamed anniversary party. They are delicious!