Deep-Fried Spicy Chicken Wings
This area is known for its chicken wings, and these are the best I've ever tasted. They make great appetizers.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
Makesabout 3 dozen
- 16 to 18 chicken wings (about 4 pounds)
- Oil for deep-fat frying
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 cup hot pepper sauce
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- Carrots and celery sticks
- Blue cheese dressing
- Cut wings into three pieces; discard the wing tips. Fry chicken in hot oil until crisp and juices run clear (5-7 minutes for small part, 6-8 minutes for drumettes).
- Combine butter, hot pepper sauce and vinegar in a bowl; add chicken and toss to coat. Drain. Serve with carrots, celery and dressing.
Editor's NoteUncooked chicken wing sections (wingettes) may be substituted for whole chicken wings.
Originally published as Spicy Chicken Wings in Country Extra March 1997
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.