Easy Sweet and Spicy Chicken
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 can (20 ounces) unsweetened pineapple chunks, undrained
- 1-1/3 cups orange marmalade
- 1 cup picante sauce
- 1 teaspoon chili powder, divided
- 1-1/4 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 1 large green pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- Hot cooked rice
- Minced fresh cilantro
- In a bowl, combine the pineapple, marmalade, picante sauce and 1/2 teaspoon chili powder; set aside. Sprinkle remaining chili powder over chicken.
- In a large skillet, saute the chicken, green pepper and onion in oil until chicken juices run clear. Reduce heat; add the pineapple mixture. Cook until heated through, 2-3 minutes. Serve with rice; garnish with cilantro.
Test Kitchen tips
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 378 calories, 5g fat (1g saturated fat), 52mg cholesterol, 393mg sodium, 65g carbohydrate (57g sugars, 2g fiber), 21g protein.
Apr 16, 2019
This was good, good flavor. The sauce was very thin so I did have to add cornstarch to thicken it. I also added slivered carrots, gave it a little color.
Nov 9, 2018
This really is easy to make and very tasty. It has a lot of liquid. So next time I will drain some of the juice off the pineapples and/or add some corn starch to thicken it a bit.