Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
- 3 celery ribs, sliced
- 2 medium green peppers, diced
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 1/2 cup crushed pineapple with syrup
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- Hot cooked rice
- In a shallow dish, combine the flour, garlic powder, salt and pepper; coat chicken. In a skillet, saute chicken in 2 tablespoons oil over medium-high heat for 8-10 minutes or until tender. Remove and set aside.
- Saute the celery, green peppers and onion in remaining oil for 5 minutes or until crisp-tender. Return chicken pan. Combine the ketchup, lemon juice, pineapple and brown sugar; add to skillet. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until heated through. Serve over rice.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 309 calories, 10g fat (2g saturated fat), 63mg cholesterol, 513mg sodium, 32g carbohydrate (22g sugars, 2g fiber), 25g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Nov 12, 2013
The whole family loves this one. My young kids, husband and grandparents. Straight forward to make with no fancy, expensive ingredients.
Jul 25, 2009
I like substituting apple cider vinegar for the lemon juice. Gives this recipe extra tang.