- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
- 3 celery ribs, sliced
- 2 medium green peppers, diced
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 1/2 cup crushed pineapple with syrup
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- Hot cooked rice
- In a shallow dish, combine the flour, garlic powder, salt and pepper; coat chicken. In a skillet, saute chicken in 2 tablespoons oil over medium-high heat for 8-10 minutes or until tender. Remove and set aside.
- Saute the celery, green peppers and onion in remaining oil for 5 minutes or until crisp-tender. Return chicken pan. Combine the ketchup, lemon juice, pineapple and brown sugar; add to skillet. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until heated through. Serve over rice.
1 each: 309 calories, 10g fat (2g saturated fat), 63mg cholesterol, 513mg sodium, 32g carbohydrate (22g sugars, 2g fiber), 25g protein.